Dust ports - why is there no standard diameter

In the time you spent discussing it, you could have built a nice cutting board or small box.

For the two tools that I don't have connected permanently because they need to be moved away from a wall for clearance (Jet 15" planer and Delta Shaper), the 4" hose has a good enough friction fit for the duration of the operation.

But, as you'll likely point out, it is your time to spend.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I answered your question. You haven't answered mine.

I see. You never discuss anything just for the sake of having a conversation.

Oh...wait...you just joined the discussion by telling us about your dust collection situation. It's interesting that you would do that.

I don't need the magnetic dust ports. Leon doesn't either. That doesn't mean we can't spend some quiet time discussing the pro's and con's.

I'm curious... How is it that you have the time to follow this thread and imply that we are wasting our time? Shouldn't you be making a nice cutting board or a small box?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Time consuming when moving the single hose from machine to machine. I never bought into dedicated piping going to individual locations. My machines move around a lot, literally every time I use one.

Reply to
Leon

Cuz you have to reach into your pocket to get it out.

Those new fangled keys can get lost, the crank on the front of the engine is always there, I think. :!)

Reply to
Leon

Yes, you are correct. My question came off as snarky. My bad.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The new-new-fangled keys can't be locked inside the car. They also unlock my tailgate when I'm anywhere near the truck, even if the doors are locked.

No, they're detached when not used. They fall out of pockets, too, though they are harder to lose. Pull pants down also.

Reply to
krw

I intend to use one connection for the sander and planer, probably from a drop on the ceiling. As I said earlier, my saw gets moved pretty frequently. My ceiling hoist is at the back edge of it so if I need to lift anything, the saw has to move.

Reply to
krw

I bought a set of Izzy Swan's disconnects but even though they're built better, the magnetic ones work a whole lot better.

krw

That’s what it says in my manual, but it’s not true.

My Odyssey doesn’t prevent me from locking the van if there is a fob inside the vehicle, it prevents me from locking the van if there isn’t one outside. That’s not the same thing.

Try it. Leave one fob in the vehicle and try locking it with the other fob or with the door handle button. My proximity sensor sees *a* fob outside the vehicle and that’s all it cares about.

I can open all of my windows by pressing unlock to unlock the van then soon afterwards pressing and holding unlock. I can open them a tiny bit or all the way depending on how long I hold it. If I don’t open a door within 30 seconds, the van locks itself. That sets the alarm and if somebody tries to unlock the van by reaching through the open window, the alarm will go off.

Unfortunately, for safety reasons, I can’t close the windows with the fob. However, it does give me the opportunity to let all the heat out before I get in. You just have to hope it doesn’t rain.

The crank in my van is behind the engine, usually in the driver’s seat.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No we were referring to an actual key that you insert into a lock.

We first had the proximity key in 2012 and I was all for it. I finally got it on my 2019 F-150 and my wife has it in her new CX9 Mazda.

I do have a few complaints though. The proximity key for the Mazda has buttons on the side for opening the hatch among other things. When I bend my leg to get in the car the hatch often opens. Not normally a big issue except if I am getting into the car before the garage door fully opens. We have a new routine for getting the car out of the garage. Sometimes the tail gate tries to open when I am in the house and squatting down to pick something up. So now the key fob stays on the pony wall until I need to drive the car.

As for the tailgate function mine drops the tail gate. I have never needed that function, I can still lift my arm to push the open button on the tailgate. Easier to do that than to reach in my pocket to grab the fob and press the open button. My proximity key lets me open any locked door or tail gate as if they were unlocked to begin with. AND THAT gave me doubts as to whether the tailgate was actually locked. I had a similar issue with trying to see of the refrigerator light actually goes out when the doors close. ;~)

How big are your pockets??? LOL.

Reply to
Leon

Sounds like a "Honda" situation. Our Mazda automatically locks and folds the mirrors when the key fob moves away from the vehicle. If my wife remains in the vehicle, with her purse/key fob and after I get out and walk away, the doors will not lock until she gets out and walks away.

Reply to
Leon

My Honda doesn't do anything "automatically". I have to either use the fob or the button on the door handle to lock it. (Mine is a 17, one generation of Odyssey older than the current (18-22). I don't know what the current generation does.)

Do you have a door handle button? If so, try it with your wife/fob in the car. Also try pressing fob button while you are still within range and she/the fob is in the car - i.e. before you reach the point where the vehicle would lock itself. Just curious.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Mine is a '21 F150. I'm sure it's similar to your '19, though the '21 is the first year of a new series (with Sync-4 & 10" LCD).

My F150's FOB has buttons too. Yours doesn't? I've never pushed one accidentally.

Same. That tailgate is *heavy*. Some have power closing. I have to grab the door handle to open a door. There is a touch "button" on the backside of the door handle. The tailgate does automatically unlock if the FOB is anywhere near. It only locks if the doors are locked.

The other thing that saved my bacon the first day I had it (driving home from the dealership. I don't remember how I did it but I did lock it with the FOB inside (pushed the button down?). I didn't know the door code (still set to the factory code) but the salesman did sync my phone to the truck. The app has a lock/unlock function (and remote start...).

Mr. Green Jeans?

Reply to
krw

I like the 21 better! I looked hard at the "new" Rams, knowing better, but their screens and interiors are nice! But I have not heard much good about them being any better than what you could always expect out of them as far as quality and reliability.

I reluctantly bought the F150 because I was tired of waiting on the new Tundra. Now, I'm not so interested in the new Tundra. Gas mileage is marginally better. There was talk about 30 MPG before it was released. So much for that. I do like its interior though.

I really am attracted to the big screens although my 8" seems to be fine. The Mazda has a 10.2" but its aspect ration is more like 50/100. And that is quite nice too.

Which trim level does your F150 have?

Yes my F150 fob has several buttons but none get bushed accidentally because they are of the front side. The Mazda has 4 buttons on the edge and they get pushed easily by my knife, pill vile, or yoyo. ;~)

The ford has an alarm button, tailgate, engine start, lock and unlock, and probably some combination of buttons places an order at a local restaurant. I don't use any of them. ;~)

Same on mine. Yes the tail gate is heavy, probably because of the built in steel "man step".

Yes I have the app too. Handy for checking oil life. Oil life is embedded somewhere in the instrument panel display, I think it is labeled as oil reset so it is kinda misleading when I am looking for it.

Reply to
Leon

My F150 only needs the fob to be close. Just pull the handle to unlock, similar to our old Camry. BUT to lock I have to push the black button on the handle and that was similar on the Camry. I have come to really like the Mazda setup, there is no forgetting to lock the doors, and the auto folding mirrors are an indicator that the doors are locked.

I/the F150 does have a lock button.

Ok, so the truck will lock with her fob in the vehicle. I am betting it focuses on the fob that actually initiates the door unlock/engine start stop. If that fob is left in the vehicle it will not lock. Each fob is unique and depending on which one is used to open the drivers door and start the engine, the pedals, seat settings, and steering wheel will adjust accordingly when the start button is pressed.

Now I am wondering if my wife unlocks the doors before me if the doors will lock if I get out and try to lock the doors. Project for another day.

Reply to
Leon

The 10" screen is really more like an 8" and 2" screen. Nav or Android Auto (Google Maps) can take either side of the screen but it can't have the whole thing.

Just the XLT, with pretty much every option, except 4WD. I have no need for it down here. It's just more cost and weight, lower gas mileage.

You don't do take-out?

I don't have a step. I didn't like the one they had. I intend to get a corner step.

I've seen it too but can't remember where. There are all sorts of things down in the settings menus but it takes too much time to dig down.

Reply to
krw