Dust Hood for Sliding Miter Saw

This is a continuation of an old thread....

I finally made a dust hood for my miter saw. I used the empty box a Shop Vac came in. Used a Gerber kbife and sme duct tape to tailr fit it to the miter saw. The duct taped a dust port for my Jet 2 hp cyclone dust collection system. Works like a charm. When I need to make angled cuts, I may have a little more fitting to do. And when this one wears out, I can find another box.

A whole lot cheaper than

Never Enough Money

At the Borg, they have flexible down spouts for guttering, one end is about

4" in diameter, the other is rectangular. Once bent, the accordion pleats retain the shape. It works well when added to a trapezoidal box made of 1/4" plywood and can serve in many roles... by a router, drill press or sander just by itself. Tom
Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

On 4 Sep 2005 21:12:31 -0700, the blithe spirit "Never Enough Money" clearly indicated:

prices for a piece of plastic.

.-. Better Living Through Denial ---

Wondrous Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Jesus H.!! $170. - $200. for molded plastic? I'm in the wrong business.

Reply to
TomL

Last year the price was $259.00 -- looks like they're having a sale!

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Here's an interesting homemade one - better than my cardboard box setup....

Never Enough Money

I use an old Tarp tucked under the table and tented with a dowel and when I'm done, I cover the saw up!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

HMFIC-1369, Does the vacuum not suck the tarp up?

Reply to
Never Enough Money