glue brush idea to avoid

Passing along a lesson:

I picked up a package of Crayola paint brushes at the grocery store-- natural hair and plastic handles. Thought they'd work for hide glue. Well, they do spread the glue nicely and they hold a good amount. Problem is, if left in the glue pot the hair falls out.

Anyone cut down a basswood tree recently?

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

The older, more curmudgeonly and tighter-fisted I get, the more I'm happy to spend on pencils (only Derwents) and brushes. Axminster's string-tied Chinese brushes are excellent for hide glue, having just the right "hand" of bristles and no metal to corrode and stain the glue.

Reply to
Andy Dingley