Dust collection hose?

Hi guys,

DC hose is giving me some grief. It is easy to find something in the 4" size but what do you guys do for hose going to routers, orbit sanders etc? I have been trying to use my 2.5" hose and my craftsman vacuum but that is still too big. I went out to look for some small vac hose of some sort to connect to my craftsman vac but I could not find anything. It would be nice to find some 1.5" real nice flexible hose for this work. Lightweight would be nice too. Do you guys have a handle on any? If so where does a person find such stuff? I noticed Dewalt has a new rechargable vacuum now and it has a real nice hose but it is not long enough. Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

rllipham

Porter-Cable sells 10 foot sections of 1" hose for $20 at Sears. Over-priced, of course. You can get adapters that take that up to 2-1/2".

Reply to
GRL

My router table's dust collection uses plumbing items and blue marine hose from the borg. Take what you're trying to connect to HD / Lowe's & find things that fit.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Even harderto find is a hose that size thats smooth inside!

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

I bought a some 1" hose at Rockler with an adapter specially designed to fit any ShopVac (tm).brand vac. Works great for me.

todd

Reply to
todd

I got a 24' length of 1-1/4" flex plastic hose from my local hardware store that was intended for use on a sump pump. It works but it's too noisy to use! Screams like a banshee. Shorter lengths might be OK, though. I wanted to go from one side of the room where the shop-vac is over to the chop-saw location.

Reply to
Cutter

Todd,

I can't seem to find this hose on there website. Is it on there? If it is could you send me the link? Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

I had exactly the same problem at my chop saw. The 1 1/4" hose gave out with the most painful high-frequency sound I've ever encountered; it cut right through the ear protectors and the sound of the shopvac and saw. The length I was using was only about 6 feet, so if I were you, I'd find a different hose. I think it's the particular configuration of the corrugations that triggers those piercing high overtones; when I took the hose outside and spun it around it made a lot of high notes.

Warren

Reply to
Warren Senders

Reply to
Pat Barber

Highly recommended. I bought one of these at the WWShow last Nov and I should have bought one long ago. It's light and quite flexible and well worth the $20 I spent. The big end fits into my shop vac hose and the little end fits the 557 plate joiner, 743 circ saw, and the 333 sander.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I use the 1-1/2" shop-vac hoses with an adapter to fit the tool on one end and an adapter to fit the main 4" hose on the other. They also sell a universal adapter you cut to the size you need. BORG sells the hose in both sizes and the adapters.

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie G

Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to track one of these down here in Canada and I can't seem to be able to find anyone that sells it. If anyone knows of somewhere in Canada to buy it please let me know. Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle