DRAWING A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK

| Most likely as there isn't a K. West listed for the staff: | |

there is. Mr. West appears to teach the use of computers in an industrial arts-ish vein. I used their local Google search to find him.

Morris Dovey

It is in Plattsburgh NY. Plattsburgh City School Districts

it is in the USA, it should be taught in English, the language we use to communicate. It is a good thing to teach other languages for the sake of learning to communicate with others in their native country but English should be used otherwise in the US. It is also useful with tourist visiting our country. When I visit other countries, I try to learn a bit of their language

English is taught in may other countries so we damned well should do that here too.

BTW, all four of my grandparents came to this country from Poland. They all learned English.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Looks like he's not the only one who "can't speel".

Ain't it da troot? - The Cowardly Lion

Reply to
J. Clarke

snipped-for-privacy@plattscsd.org wrote: | I AM JUST LEARNING SCETCH UP AND WANT TO TEACH IT TO MY TECH | STUDENTS I NEED TO DO A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK AS A TEMPLATE AND | AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES

Hmm. You've already heard about the all-caps thing from those who weren't ever beginners - and it'd appear that all the Sketch-Up users are officers of the spelling police - so you're stuck with questionable advice from a guy who's never used the program...

Try creating a drawing that consists of nothing but an appropriately-sized border and the title block of your own design. I have two of these, one for portrait orientation drawings and one for landscape-oriented drawings.

To use these in DesignCAD, I make my new drawing of an assembly or part, then open my saved border/title block and copy it to the clipboard. Then I close the border file and paste the border/title block into my new drawing.

Now I can do a proportional re-size of the border and title block and move it to surround the new drawing. Don't re-size any of the elements of your new drawing because that'd screw up the dimensions!

When you like what you see, add text to the title block and save your new drawing with text and title block.

SketchUp may or may not work like DesignCAD for these operations - but it seem reasonable that it has at least similar capabilities that'll let you get the job done.

HTH

Morris Dovey

Here's a border and title block you can download that I lifted from the Google Groups SketchUp Pro group:

here's the link to the thread itself:
sure what the limitations are on SketchUp's free version, but it should work as you're just opening up a file and working on that.

RicodJour

And the odds are that the OP will never appear here again...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

And that could be for at least two possible reasons.

Welcome to the Wreck.

Reply to
LRod

Fri, Sep 21, 2007, 9:24am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: Looks like he's not the only one who "can't speel".

Damn, forgot to use my speel checker.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T