Downdraft Table Question

I have been looking at the Lee Valley hole pattern for their benchtops - it looks like a 7 3/4" matrix. What I am wondering is, if I were to build such a top, and box in beneath it and attach a 4" DC to it, do you think there would there be sufficient downdraft to allow dust-free sanding on the bench surface?

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

I built a downdraft table out of 3/4 Ply. Works well for me. I found the same to be true as Markus.... If I block most of the holes, it can be used as a hold down using my DC. I did however slope an internal piece of 1/4 MDF that helps chips and dust slide to the 4" port.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to