Double Gloat!

My oldest daughter and SIL came in for a visit from England last evening with my new grandson. They also brought a gift from my ex FIL, and very good friend, who is now in his 90's.

43 years ago in his London woodshop I used the _same_ tool in the links below, to gracefully curve the edges on the top of a mahogany dining table I built for his daughter and I to use in our first "flat".

When I visited him in England a couple of years ago he mentioned that he still had some tools, and I just happened to mention in passing how I remembered, as if it were yesterday, the ease, quickness and precision which with this simple, old time tool came to hand and did that specific task.

Needless to say, I'm more than tickled to see both:

BTW, the label on the tool states: "Sheffield Made, Superior Quality", on the grandson: "Pampers" ... but both are "Sheffield Made", and of superior quality.

Swingman

the grandson into the same post. But no pics of the little one?? Where are your manners swingman?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thanks ... but first things first!

I'll wait and get one with him using the tool before linking/posting it here! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Very nice! I picked up an old wood shave something like that at an auction a while ago, and like you said, it's just a pleasure to use. Mine doesn't have the meaningful (to me) history behind it, though - I really do treasure the fine old tools I've inherited. Knowing the history somehow makes it more meaningful to own and special to use. Congrats, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Come on ..... you know we really only want to see the pampered little shaver

Reply to
rmeyer1

Well Done Fella.

Barry