distance from t-slot to router bit

Is the distance form the t-slot to the router bit a standard measurement? I am building my own table and want to make sure I do it right!

Reply to
Subw00er

It can be anything you want. Consider the location of the insert also. Some tables have them centered. Mine is 1/3 from the front leaving a lot of room in the back. The theory is that most things are small so you don't want to have to be reaching in a lot. When you do have a large panel to rout, you work from the other side and you have a much larger surface in front of the bit. So far I agree with that theory. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

If you're going to use your miter gauge from the TS make sure it's far enough away to accommodate that.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Ok I will mirror my saw's T-slot spacing and bias it towards the front. Both great suggestions, thanks!

Reply to
Subw00er