DeWalt ROS Broken Switch?

I've got a DeWalt DW623 sander that's stopped working and I'm trying to pin down the problem. I took it apart and sprayed it out and when I have the top cover unscrewed and I plug it in, it turns on fine. Screw the top housing down and it no longer turns on. It's always been a little twitchy, you'd push the switch and it would take a few seconds for it to come on, or you'd have to toggle it back and forth a couple times.

I looked at the wiring and nothing seems to be loose but that's as far as I've gone so far, I haven't actually tested the wiring. Does DeWalt have a place to order replacement parts or should I just hit Radio Shack for a replacement switch?

Any ideas welcome, thanks.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Rob Mills

Next time buy Makita. Just replaced the switch on my 47 year old Makita

8" right angle grinder. Good tools, good people to deal with. Bugs
Reply to
Bugs

Nah

Just throw all this crap where it belongs: garbage. Buy Metabo, Milwaukee, Hitachi or Bosch. Stay away from DeWalt, Makita, and all the other cheapskate's crappy tools.

Greg D.

Reply to
Greg D.