DeWalt DW746

I am giving advise to a friend who want to buy a new saw.

What about the DW746 vs a tawainese cabinet saw? They are about the same price.....an footprint of the DeWalt seems a bit smaller to me....

comments?

Reply to
Mike CBR929rr

I've had one for a couple years now and really like it. I picked mine up for a song. (Under $500) But even at the current retail price, its a hard package to beat. I've never been much for the Chiwanese imports, although I am not sure where the DeWalt is built.

It has a dual voltage motor on it, but I'm running mine on a 20amp 110v circuit right now. Lots of power for ripping maple, oak, etc.

I've made a few mods to the factory fence to allow the addition of some custom jigs, but it is a reasonable fence. Not quite up to the Bies. or Unifence, but definitely better than the contractor saw style stock fences.

All in all, I would highly recommend the saw to any hobbyist. Although not up to the heavy use that a Unisaw is capable of, but more than enough for the avid woodworking enthusiast.

Rick

Reply to
Rick