Desk Bridge - Finished

https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8
Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.
Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.
I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

A good looking piece of furniture.
--
Jerry O.

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 11:49:49 AM UTC-4, Jerry Osage wrote:

Thank you.
On 5/27/2019 9:47 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Looks Great!
On 5/27/2019 9:47 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Looks Great!
On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 12:07:02 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Thanks. Especially for the trammel advice. That was much easier than I had imagined.
On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 10:47:47 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:

Nice Job! Now you've got me thinking about raising my monitor.
How do you like that iGaging setup tool?
On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 5:11:31 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thanks. I had already had my monitors raised to that level, but via a "stand" that I built before I bought the two pieces of audio gear that are tucked under my new "bridge". This is much better.

I've only used the tool once, to set the dado depth. I used it first to measure from the top of my router dado jig to the top of the work piece. Then I added .25" and set the router bit height.
Although the tool does not have the feel of a fine precision instrument, it sure made it easier to set the depth, and almost certainly allowed me more precision than gauging by eye on the side of a ruler. So so far I like it.