Just to pass along

I love a shellac and wax finish(instant gratification not the least of the reasons :-) ) and finish almost everything I turn that way. However, when it comes to small items that are made, not turned, I tended to use poly, but would use shellac (dark garnet), especially if I wanted a dark look.

I heard some of you talking down throuh the years about Watco oil and tried it, but it just left me a bit disappointed (wait for it!!). So, it was back to the poly. Then I read a post about putting numerous coats of oil on and sanding up through 1000 - 1500 grit and toping it with wax. Looked good and I have done several pieces that way. But it takes over a week and being a child of the age, I was looking for something that looked really good but did not take so long.

A few weeks ago, I finished a small project and finished it with Watco, per can instructions. But after it dried I dug out a container of some stuff that I picked up heavens knows when or when and put it on. Loved it. The stuff is called "Kerf's Wood Cream" and gives a richer luster to the oil finish than the Briwax I was using does. I just visited their webpage

and it is fully food safe also, something Briwax is not.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb