Delta Top Turn Lathe

Hi Group, I run across a Delta top turn Lathe and have a question. I said that the spindle had a 1 X 10RH thread. This seems to go against everything as the most commom is 1 X 8RH and I haven't seen any adpators for this. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
James

Oneway (Stronghold, Talon) has an 1" x 10 RH adapter for their chucks.

Nova

Hunt around a bit. Like Jack pointed out, there is stuff out there. Some of those old lathes are just good, solid, American made machinery that will last forever.

I have some turning rests from this guy, and he has been around forever. His products are top notch:

He has a full machine shop and will make you and adapter to suit your needs if he doesn't have what you want.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

What's a "top turn" lathe?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

I am thinking that OP meant "Top Kick".

In that case, I have seen a couple of these rascals, and I believe they were made in the mid 50's to mid/late 60's. They are big, heavy production type lathes for woodturning that were popular in cabinet shops and in high schools.

They were mostly used for spindle turning as the capacity over the ways wasn't that large, but the distance between the headstock/ tailstock could be around 40". These lathes had all milled faces and surfaces, cast and milled right here in the USA. They also features a Reeves drive motor on most of the units that allowed speed changes to be made with a lever, no pulley changes needed.

If it is in good shape, it is a truly nice piece of equipment.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

The actual model is 46-860. The model name is Top Turn and one is featured in Fundamentals of Woodturning. Jim

Reply to
James