Delta Router/Shaper

I am thinking of purchasing this machine. Anyone have any experience or comments? Lowes is selling it for $230 with a $30 mail-in rebate. Seems like a good deal.

Woodpecker

Reply to
Woodpecker

Woodpecker thus spake:

I considered this myself, but I read many complaints by owners about the height adjustments being clunky and inaccurate, and the motor underpowered. Try eopinions.com or the review sections of amazon.com for more details.

FWIW, Greg

Reply to
Greg G.

I have one and I like it. I do cope and stick in oak and walnut, raised panels, etc. and don't have any complaints. It's almost a year old works just fine.

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

I have one of these things and I am sorry I bought it. Shaft is never perpendicular to the table, and the table isn't all that flat, among other things. Do yourself a favor and look under the bottom in the store - you'll see all you need to know. The mechanicals are toylike in quality, and it doesn't even have a TEFC motor. Save your money and either get a decent small shaper (e.g., Grizzly 1.5HP) or buy a decent router and make a table for it.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com

Reply to
Tim Carver