Delta parts sources

Hi all:

I recently bought a Delta 14" bandsaw at an auction ($150 - is that a gloat?). After gluing the tires back onto the wheels, and properly tensioning the blade, it runs well. However, it's missing a few small items, like door catches and such. Where is the best place to obtain replacements? This is my first Delta tool, so I'm not familiar with parts sources yet.

Thanks in advance, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

For Delta in general:

the Delta Service Center nearest you:
parts list, plug in your model number at:
contact Delta by phone, email or snail mail:
model band saw is it? Will you be repainting it when you get all the right parts in the right places? I'd give it a shot of DeWalt yellow & black, stick a DeWalt logo on it and make up a model number, DeWalt 2500 or whatever. Then just wait to see how long it takes for anyone to notice.

Good luck! DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

why would you want to wreck a perfectly good say by doing that? That is like staining a piece of clear cherry.

Reply to
Wayne J

Thanks for the links! I was thinking of making it a Porter Cable. That way, I don't have to repaint it.

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man