Delta drill presses

I am looking at a Delta 17-901 drill press, about 7 years old. Does anybody know how it compares to the 17-965 Delta currently offers?

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor Ibach

Go for it. The new one is made off shore- you would be much better off with an older model.

Or look at a Powermatic Variable speed. That is what I wish I had done.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

You may consider the new Delta X5 drill press. It's a little bit more expensive but I got the free router and sold it back brand new (I have

3 already) so the drill press comes down quite a bit cheaper. Actually, I had it during a promotion where the price was already reduced... All in all, it came about 20% more than the 17-965C. Well worth it for the variable speed only.

The great advantage are the variable speed and the 6" quill stroke. Great for deep mortises.

Just my 0.02

Ben

Reply to
BeniBoose