Delta contractor's saw tuning question

I have a 1989 Delta contractor's saw, 34-441. It is a solid unit without much wear, and the mechanicals are generally in good condition.

However, there is a slight weakness. The front trunion worm gear has some play in it. When the saw is at 0 degrees, the trunion is against the stop and the play is not a factor. At an angle other than 0, the trunion assembly can move back and forth about .025". The online manual for 34-444 shows an eccentric that can be adjusted to zero out the clearance.

It turns out that my saw does not match the diagram, and a call to Delta confirmed that the eccentric adjustment was not present on my model.

Is it possible to shim or otherwise make an adjustment to the mechanism to reduce or eliminate the play ?

Reply to
George Pontis