table saw blade tilt adjustment

I was at Lowes today picking up some supplies and was looking over the Delta

36-650 table saw they are now selling and from what I could see under the hood it looked like a piece of all thread that controls the tilt of the blade, I know Craftsman's saws are like that too. Is this normal or just the way the cheap saws are built? It just looked kinda cheesy to me. I still haven't bought a good table saw yet, still undecided. I was going to get the Delta 36-444 from Amazon but they quit carrying it and the other places I found that sell it get about $100. more plus shipping.
Reply to
Mike S.

Hopefully it is acme threaded, which is more substantial as opposed to the normal coarse thread pattern found on threaded round. I have a 36-444 and the tilt is done using what I would describe as a worm drive on the trunion gear (according to the manual). It has a backlash adjustment to keep any play minimized. So far I have not needed to make any adjustments.

My 444 was about $50 more than the 650. Our local dealer still has 444's on the floor and they usually keep a couple more boxed. They also had the 650 in stock.

Good luck.

Reply to
ks_av8r