Delta 28-365/350 blade guide woes

I just bought a 20" Delta 28-365 wood/metal varialble speed band saw for $1,000. Great deal right? Well it has the old metal plate blade guides for cutting metal so I thought I could just go to Delta and buy a set of wood guides for the 28-350 which is almost the same saw but strictly wood. The lower guide has a price tag of $1,280 and the upper is around $300. Looks like I'll be sticking with the stacked metal for now.

This beauty came with a blade welder, about 400' of various blade stock and a 3ph and 1ph motor. Unfortunately they're both 1HP and I'll probably be replacing it with a 2-3HP right away but it's still a great deal I think.

If anyone is familiar with these old Deltas I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Reply to
Norm Edelmann

contact Carter guides and see if they can help you for less. Good luck, Mike from American Sycamore

aswr

contact Carter guides and see if they can help you for less. Good luck, Mike from American Sycamore

aswr

Just went to their web site and it doesn't look like they will have anything. The lower guide on this saw is pretty unique.

But I'll drop them a note and see. Thanks

Reply to
Norm Edelmann

I'd be interested in the single phase motor. Got a picture?

I'd be trying it out with the present guides before thinking they are inadequate. After all, a guide is a guide no matter the material being cut.

In the mean time try the OWWM for additional info.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Well I spoke to them this morning and you're absolutely right. They have a full conversion kit that fits this saw. I'm still waiting for pricing but it's got to be better than the $1,500 Delta quoted me . Thanks, and I appologize for doubting you.

Reply to
Norm Edelmann