Dedicated Dovetail router question

A few weeks ago I picked up the PC dovetail jig and a PC 690lr to be used just for dovetails. It took a while to get the router adjusted to where they come out perfect. Question is this, I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) that one shouldn't leave the bushings and router bit in the router. Do those of you that use a dedicated router for dovetails leave the bushing and bit in it? I don't need it for other router work, I have the Bosch

1617EVS for table and general router work.
Reply to
Mike S.

I don't see where this would cause a problem.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Well I am the minority opinion, itr seems. I remove the bit at end of day and use a setup block I cut for returning the bit to that same position. Otherwise overtime, the collet will lose its spring and sometimes you wont get the the bit out. It may be an old wives tale, but then again, I am married to old wive and do what she ssays.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

Wow, man, you've got a router just for dovetailing.. totally dedicated? That majorly kicks ass! You've got my daddy there. I only have one craftsman router that I am forced to use for all purposes, both handheld and table. I'm going to have to save up my money to get another one. What a great idea, seriously. I like it, it seems like it would save you a lot of setup time.

Reply to
jim wilson