d handle?

what is a d handle used for on a router? is it worth the extra bucks to get one?

Reply to
Ah10201

Supposedly it makes the router easier to control with one hand. I have the D handle for the Makita 1101 and don't like it very much. If anyone has the reg base or plunge base and wants to trade...!

Reply to
Bestest Handsander

I myself like the D handle, and if I had a makita (instead of porter cable) I would gladly trade for his. I guess it depends on what you want to use the router for, and your personal preferences.

Reply to
ToolMiser
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

It is great if you need to operate the router with one hand or reach further across your work than normal, most the time D handle routers are fixed base & great for hands on & outstretched work on the surface of your material allowing better visibility from the sides than a plunge router which is normally operated from above.

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Far superior control over the router. The PC d-handle is the king of fixed based routers in my opinion.

Ah10201 wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber