Custom range hood

I need to build an enclosure/cover for a range hood insert. What I have in mind is close to this

you can see from the dimensions, this unit isn't so much a cabinet as a front cover. I'm curious if anyone has built such a thing and how you approached it. Did you build an entire cabinet around the range hood insert or perhaps build the insides from construction lumber and put something decorative like the above around it?

todd

Reply to
todd

I'd probably build it as a cabinet unit in two pieces upper and lower. Id first add the stock that goes flat against the wall, add the lower section and then the upper section. I believe making a frame from lumber would result in it being oversized. It looks like a excellent (fun) project and based on your previous cabs should come out pretty nice. Take some in-progress pics if you have the time.

Good Luck, J

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Todd,

Here are a couple of custom hoods I did:

you like what you see I can dig up the plans and send them to you.

Contact me from the link on the page.

Ed

to the Advancement of Your Financial Independence And A Better Way of Life!

Reply to
Ed McDonough