craftsman 22114 convert to 240 v

I have a Craftsman 22114 table saw. To convert it to 240 v, do I need to rewire or get a new switch...or just change over the connections in the motor and add a 240v outlet? Thanks!!

Reply to
mtm8

You need:

Rewire the motor to change the field coils to series rather than parallel. There should be a label on the motor which shows how the connections differ. Use wiring which allows two hot wires and a ground wire. Use a switch which connects/disconnect both of the hot wires. Install a 240 v plug. You need this to keep someone from plugging the cable into a 120v outlet. Install a 240v outlet. You need this to keep someone from plugging a 120v device into the outlet.

Jim

Reply to
Jim