Covers for Blum hinges

I just finished building a new kitchen in my house, and I have a question about hinge covers. I used Blum hinges throughout. A set of the upper cabinets, 12 inches deep, is situated over an island. These upper cabinets have doors set with glass on both sides of the cabinet, so that one can see through the cabinet. The hinges inside the cabinet are very visible through the glass with the doors closed and are somewhat distracting. Have any of you ever had this situation? Is there available a cover that can be used to cover the portion of the hinge that is mounted on the cabinet itself? The inside is white melamine, so a white plastic cover would be fine. I have looked around but have found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Thrall Vermont

Reply to
roger

Hmm..

I used similar hinges on my office cabinet doors. Two of these doors have glass centers in them and while the hinges are visible I can't say they're distracting. However, that's just me. If I was inclined to attempt to cover them I would consider creating a narrow baffle that ran the entire length of the door from top to bottom (obviously you would need to cut it to length to fit inside the face frame). This would only have to be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide. Either stain it or paint it or laminate it or whatever it to match your cabinets. Mount it on the door just inside the hinge. This should blend in quite nice and shouldn't be too distracting when the door is open.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Consider using a different Blum brand hinge. I typically use face frame

1/2" overlay Blum hinges and use glass all the time. No sign of the hinge until you open the door.

Reply to
Leon