Fitting Blum Hinges

Recently I have fitted a few Blum hinges.

First pair, I carefully measured, remeasured, drilled, etc. Not too bad. They work.

Second pair. I bought Blum template 65.5300 from Isaac Lord for £2-31 inc. Plonked on. Drilled through template (2.5mm). Fitted the plates. Worked perfectly. Only measurement required is distance from top/bottom of cabinet to hinge position. And even then you can simply place the dorr (hinges attached) alongside the cabinet and draw along the sides of the hinges. There are marks/edges on the template to align with edge or centre lines done like that.

Doesn't do a lot but what it does it does well.

Apparently the template has to be ordered directly from Austria so they might not be available from all stockists of Blum stuff.

I suspect that it might work with some other makes as well - the holes are set 27mm from the cabinet edge and 32mm apart.

Reply to
Rod