Cool bit for Phillips screws

We were discussing '70s cars (Rustang II, and such).

The Japanese improved greatly in the '80s, sure. They improved before Detroit even thought about improving, for sure.

Reply to
krw

When we bought our '74 Mustang II, it was a bit south of $3000. The alternative Pinto was only a couple of hundred less.

Reply to
krw

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

This branch of the thread had moved on to me saying the later Fox bodied cars were much better. Try to keep up :-)

Way way up thread I said the Mustang II was popular, because the competition was just as bad, so I agree with your premise that Japanese cars of the 70's had problems.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Makes one wonder for a couple hundred less how any one would buy a Pinto over a Mustang. But you are very close on pricing.. I I found this.

Retail Prices:

2dr Hardtop, 60F: $3,134.00 3dr 2+2, 69F: $3,328.00 2dr, Ghia, 60H: $3,480.00 3dr Mach 1, 69R: $3,674.00

I can see why they were not wonderful cars. That was almost too good to be true pricing.

Reply to
Leon

Probably right. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

One thing I never quite understood was that most new brands introduced here never bring their "A" game. Lexus and Acura probably being the only exceptions and only because Toyota and Honda were already here and had a good reputation by the mid 80's.

Yugo, Diahatsu, Fiat, again, Mini Cooper did not and or do not have a good reputation for being reliable at all.

Reply to
Leon