confessions of a small engine hitman

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home says...

The trouble is that according to the state of californica just about every substance known to man is "known to the medical world to cause or influence the progression of cancer or ther adverse conditions".
I mean in the real world how many people have gotten cancer from electrical cords?

When everything you see has a warning label on it, the warning label no longer provides information.

*snip*

*snip*
I can't recall if it was a joke or an actual happenstance, but I seem to recall something where warning labels were recalled because they contained products known to the state of California to cause cancer or other reproductive harm.
I do remember certain gel candles were recalled because they would catch on fire.
Puckdropper
In article <58d1bafc$0$57961$c3e8da3$c8b7d2e6

My favorite is the packages of peanuts, clearly labeled as such, that in addition to the label, say say "WARNING: Contains peanuts".

In over thirty years living in California, I've never seen an electrical cord with a prop 65 notice. I have seen brass plumbing fittings which are alloyed with lead marked with the prop 65 notice.

See, here is where your logic fails, since everything _doesn't_ have a warning label.
On 3/22/2017 8:18 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Ahhh. That explains brass hose fittings and garden sprinklers. Thanks!
I also have wondered if the chemicals/lubricants used in the manufacturing could cause cancer for the factory workers, and was a warning that the manufacturing of the product was the problem, not necessarily to the end user.
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home says...

I've seen them and I don't even live in California so you must not be paying attention.
Here's an example: <http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Dartmouthmtb/m edia/cord-made-in-china_zpscb359dc2.gif.html> > >> It is about the consumer

And there's that excessive literal-mindedness which makes you such an pain in the butt to try to converse with. You've missed the point entirely.
On 3/21/2017 1:17 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Like if I eat my plastic flashlight I might eventually develop cancer?

No, it's about hand wringing fools assuming stupid stuff, and plastering dire warnings on everything in site.
You may

The problem of course is after a few million stupid, misleading warning labels, no one pays any attention to them, so if one is actually true, it is ignored.
Feel free use all the lead pipe you want for

WTF are you going on about? 60+ years of not using stabilizer w/o a problem to using lead pipes in our drinking water... Have you gone off your meds?

16 plus small engines over 60 years w/o stabilizer, 3 rather new, w/o nary a problem is hardly a single anecdote.

I didn't know I was discussing the rest of country, other than where I live and what I looked up regarding the population of Pgh and Houston. California's stupid warning labels is common knowledge to about everyone on earth.

We were talking about gas from a month old (Honda) to 2 years old. Nobody said anything about 40 year old gas. Mostly gas left to winter over in a small engines. I've gone a few years in 2 cycle gas for weed wacker and chainsaws. Making no claims about 30-40 year old gas... Well, yeah, if you are going to put stabilizer in your gas, make sure it doesn't dry up and turn into a gummy mess. I mentioned earlier that a guy gave my brother an old snow blower that he had stored with stabilizer in it, and it wouldn't run. Had to tear down the carburetor and clean out the gummy mess.
So, the only time in over 60 years we had a problem with gas, was when someone had put stabilizer in it. THAT is perhaps anecdotal, but true nonetheless.
--
Jack

Go ahead and eat it. I don't give a shit what you do. I do wish to have all the information available to me so I can make an informed choice.
Please cite a flashlight that comes with a prop 65 warning. If you can, which I find unlikely, you'll find that, just perhaps, the plastic may contain Bisphenol A.
From the Mayo Clinic:
"Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure."

I can cite a site that is quite a sight.

You're the one that brought up prop 65.

Actually, it is by definition.
On 3/22/2017 11:27 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Can't, I never heard of prop 65. I, thankfully, don't live in the land of fruits and nuts.
If you can, which I find unlikely, you'll find that, just

Regardless of what it contains, I had no plans on eating a flashlight.

Never bought up prop 65, don't even know, or want to know what it is.

I guess it depends on what your definition of is is, or it is, or something equally ridiculous...
Could it be you ignored the warnings of eating too much lead?
--
Jack

One where the plastic is made from corn starch, with the right spicing might be edible!
"It's a joke son" to quote Foghorn Leghorn.
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:23:25 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

I found the "simple" solution was to buy 4-cycle tools. ;-)

http://www.pure-gas.org
"Welcome to the definitive list of stations that sell pure, ethanol-free gasoline in the U.S. and Canada!"
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:16:38 -0700, Electric Comet

A gas treatment is your best friend.
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 10:50:53 -0500

have some of this now but i am too late
so far have the four stroke running again
next i deal with the two stroke
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:16:38 -0700

also seems that i used gas oil mix for two strokes in the four stroke so maybe that has created the problem
might explain the greenish buildup i found in the carb float
found a fellow online that separates the ethanol out since his goldwing does not like ethanol
seems like a lot trouble to go to though
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:53:59 -0700, Electric Comet

As is replacing all the fuel lines made of rubber and rebuilding the carburetion system with gaskets that are good with alcohol, otherwise the gas just leaks out all over.
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:33:11 -0500

for a motorcycle what choice do you have
you have to burn ethanol fuel since that is all there is now with some scattered places offering ethanol-free
and further it is hard to confirm ethanol-free
maybe avgas would do
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:20:01 -0700, Electric Comet

Buy alcohol-free gas? AIUI, most premium is (a political thing).

It's available all over here. That's what I use in my tools. It's expensive but not completely outrageous.

...and you then real gas is expensive!