Completed Wall Unit

OK guys, I'm no woodworker but I finished my built in wall unit for my gameroom and here's a pic. It is 84" wide, will easily hold a 36" TV. I bought the 3 base unfinished oak cabinets and then built the rest from birch plywood and assorted hardwood pieces. Probably the most fun was boiling the 3/4" laser cut trim to fit those curves. It has about 5 coats of enamel on it, wet sanded with a finish like formica. I also crown moulded it into the existing crown.

The hint of black you see in the center of the TV hole is a bull-nose routed hole for plug and cable TV access so no cords will show when filled with electronics. Most every panel has a routed hole in back to pass cords around.

Bruce

few of us here are.

I am building something very similar. Mine is a bit larger (about 104" across with 10 doors total) and it will be about 1 year old by the time I finish it (I'll post pictures when it's completed - right after the parade that SWMBO will throw when it if *finally* done).

I did mine with latex and am not entirely thrilled with the finish. Wish I had thought of wet-sanding enamel when I started.

-Chris

Reply to
Chris