Boiler in wall unit...

I have just been looking at the position / size of the boiler we are going to have fitted in the kitchen.

It is a wall mounted Gloworm 24HXi. I was expecting to have it hidden behind a dummy wall unit. I have just found that it's

334mm deep, whilst the wall units seem to be typically about 285mm.

Have I got to have one deeper wall unit or what ?

Are there perhaps slimmer boilers? Or is looking for that a waste of effort?

Roy

Reply to
RzB

As I see it (having an old boiler I may wish to replace) you are now obliged to have a condensing boiler and they can't make them as small as the old ones, so they have to be visible. You should be careful about building them into an extended unit as the manufacturers may have assumed that this isn't going to happen. I would like to replace my boiler with one the same size, but I can't :o(

Bob Mannix

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I think the "building in" thing is OK - with this one enyway...

They define 20mm clearance either side and 5mm for a removeable door at the front.

I would leave the top and bottom of the "cupboard" open.

Roy

Reply to
RzB

Put it in a larder unit? (as they are the same depth as floor-standing units.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

RzB laid this down on his screen :