Common lumber sizes?

Can anyone point me to a website that would have a list of common lumber sizes? I'm thinking about making a basic woodworking bench and I'd like to compare common lumber sizes to various plans.

Being a newbie, whenever I get to my local lumber yard I get overwhelmed by all the choices so tough to figure out what I want in advance. And when I try to figure in the size difference between nominal and actual sizes my head spins!

thanks in advance

Reply to
NOSPAM

See: