Coastal Tools and Bosch 1591 dust extraction

After I got my new Bosch jig saw, I discovered in the manual that they make a dust extraction attachment to connect to a shop vac. I searched the internet and Bosch website. I could not find it anywhere. To be fair, Bosch answered my email and told me where to order parts directly from them. In the meantime, I wrote Coastal tool. They had one in stock

- said "we ordered one to see what it looked like and will begin stocking them".

Todd at Coastal also asked me if I had the right adaptor to connect the bosch adaptor to my shop vac. Duh, I don't know. Over a couple of email exchanges, he told me exactly what I needed for the Bosch, as well as my PC 557 biscuit joiner. I was very impressed. I can see getting this much attention if I were buying a PM66 table saw, but this was for a few dollars on vacuum adaptors. These guys actually take things out of the box and measure and test and give you exact advice. FWIW, they have assembled a five piece vacuum adaptor kit that will allow you to hook anything to anything.

Several of you have told me about this little obscure store that has done well on the internet. I can see why.

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

You should visit the store. I wanted an item they did not stock or have a source for. He made two calls to other dealers to see if they had one. Coastal is my favorite tool place. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Gloat - I deal with them face to face.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Double gloat. I live less than a mile from the store.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Now I know who to call when I need something ten minutes before they close.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y