CNC Router question

I'm looking to purchase a cnc router with a cutting area of about

1000mmx1000mm.

Anyone reccomend a good model, make, website.

Thanks

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith wrote: | I'm looking to purchase a cnc router with a cutting area of about | 1000mmx1000mm. | | Anyone reccomend a good model, make, website.

Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA

Morris Dovey

I'm thinking the cabinet making package is the way to go.

*scary* 16.9 HP clamp...
Reply to
Robatoy

||| I have been hanging around a lot there lately. | I'm thinking the cabinet making package is the way to go. | *scary* 16.9 HP clamp...

I have this mental image of a cat jumping up on the table... :-O

Morris Dovey

Oh COOL! Pink mist re-defined. Funny, albeit slightly disturbing visual.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ummmmm...only "slightly disturbing" on the visual????

Now THAT'S slightly disturbing

Reply to
The Davenport's

Now... if it was a puppy...THAT would be disturbing. Dogs rule...cats not so much.

Reply to
Robatoy

the big pumps are noisy but far cheaper on ebay. one guy on the shopbot list is selling a 17hp quite unit for 1200 if I only had the money. right now I use two feins they work for the most part and are quiet. Knight-Toolworks

handmade wooden planes Cnc routering

Reply to
Steve knight

it's not like the cat will be sucked through the mdf. maybe stuck to it though (G) hey a new babysitter just put the plastic bottomed baby on the table and they are stuck there (G)

Reply to
Steve knight

tell a cat that (G) Knight-Toolworks

handmade wooden planes Cnc routering

Reply to
Steve knight

Looking for your cat?

Check my tires.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I need another Fein anyway. So that may be a way to go for now.

How long did it take from the point of ordering your Bot until you took delivery?

Reply to
Robatoy

I just had a flsh back. In 1986, I was doing a job, building a house. The client had already moved in, and had brought a cat. It was the middle of winter, and the cat crawled under the hood of my Dakota looking for a bit of residual warmth.

I don't check for cats prior to start-up.

A bit of chunky-dy-clunk later, a totally indignant cat, half a tail and a complete ear missing, looked me straight in the eyes with a very indignant look.

I offered to pay for the vet bill, but the lady of the house let me off the hook.

Funny, for some reason, that cat never came close to either me or my truck ever again.

I absolutely oppose cruelty to animals, but I'm sorry if I chuckle at this memory at times..it's the look on that cat's face that just breaks me up.

That cat encountered a rendezvous with a snow-plow later that winter, it probably couldn't tell from which direction it was approaching. It lived through that too.

I'm sorry..but I insist, I do not condone senseless pain to animals....but why am I laughing?

Reply to
Robatoy