Clausing DP...worht it?

I have an opportunity to purchase a Clausing 15" DP. It's variable speed

500-4000 rpm, 3/4 hp, single phase, 1/2" chuck, it's a newer floor model in great shape.

Asking price $500.00. Is it worth it?

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Matisse

I'd give you my opinion, but I don't want to post it three times.

Reply to
Rumpy

So post it "once"... "rump".

Reply to
AAvK

We've got a pair of Clausing drill presses about that size at work, and they drill 1600-2000 2" thick pieces of steel a day, 20 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. And they never break down. If you need that kind of capicity, then yeah, they're worth it. If you're drilling two holes a month in pineywood, then no, it's a waste of money.

Reply to
Prometheus

Reply to
Matisse