CLASSIC WINTER SLED

Yeah, I know it's been posted before, but I figure about this time of the year it might be a lifesaver to a few of you in the snow belt. LMAO I'll never live there again, in this lifetime.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

"J T"

Yeah, right, my exact words 20 years ago when I moved from N. Illinois to Arizona. But, here I am, these last 3 years, living back in N. Illinois. Luckily, I seemed to have soaked up so much Sun in AZ that these dreary, cloudy days (haven't seen the Sun in over a week) seem not to depress me like before.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom

Mon, Jan 2, 2006, 2:37am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospamverizon.net (Tom) admits his derangement with: Yeah, right, my exact words 20 years ago when I moved from N. Illinois to Arizona. But, here I am, these last 3 years, living back in N. Illinois. Luckily, I seemed to have soaked up so much Sun in AZ that these dreary, cloudy days (haven't seen the Sun in over a week) seem not to depress me like before.

Dunno what to say, except maybe the sun out there addled your brain. My sister lives out there - nice place to visit, b ut I don't think I'd want to live there. I left MI in 59, for the Army. Went back then, spent 14 months there, then back in the Army. Spent too many years in warm places to want to live there again. I still have fond memories of swimming in an outdoor pool on New Years in Bangkok. Try that in N. Illinois. Hehehe I've been n NC since '79. High today was supposed to be 61, my mother in Mi has had now probably a dozen times already. I'll stay here.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

The weather in Illinois has become crazy. Here it is the 2nd of January and it's 39 degrees with thunderstorms. Seems snow should be the order of the day this time of year. When we moved to AZ there were less than a million people around the Phoenix area. Now over 4 million. Constant traffic jam. Was just there in November and got stuck in stop and go traffic on two lane country roads because they've built these big subdivisions way outside of town to take advantage of cheaper land but haven't yet built the 4 lane roads to get to them. I managed to retire, move back and buy the little river cabin that I grew up in and enjoy a much quieter life. So I'm not complaining. Caught a

45 and 41 pound Flathead Cat right off my dock this Summer. What a life!

Tom.

Reply to
Tom

You suck :-)

wishing I was you,

Gary (stuck in Phoenix with a broken collar bone......and can't do anything)

Reply to
GeeDubb

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:33:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

Hey, I can go swimming in an outdoor pool anytime I want here in the Yukon. At 30 below, you get a really neat hoarfrost halo around your head which keeps you ears warm.

"nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Mon, Jan 2, 2006, 10:44pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (Luigi=A0Zanasi) shouts out:Hey, I can go swimming in an outdoor pool anytime I want here in the Yukon. At 30 below, you get a really neat hoarfrost halo around your head which keeps you ears warm.

Yeah, and I notice they say tghey drain and scrub it every 24 hours. Wha is that, the community bathtub? Here's something with a bit more privacy. They used to have a picture of one floating in a lake, and one in about 3 foot of snow, being used - but I didn't notice those picture this time. This is what I'd opt for, a neat way to get rid of your wood scraps.