chisel and knife source

the knives look good and the prices are not bad

might also try stripping the plastic handles off some hf knives as they are even cheaper

still looking for a chisel source

Reply to
Electric Comet

That's more properly stated as

"I'm still looking for references to a source that provides oil-hardening bar stock appropriate for making my own chisels".

Note punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure.

You may try calling Ron.

Or getting bar stock from a supplier:

Scott Lurndal

No you missed the point. Unless you are just making round tipped butter knives. In that case the point was left off on purpose.

You didn't ask, "Where can I buy nearly finished knife blades that I can do a mind numbingly miniscule amount of work on and then brag to all my friends about how I made it?"

Files make excellent knife blades by somebody who is willing to do the work. If you aren't willing to do the work just go buy a knife. Really. Its like making tools. If its not about "the making" its always easier to just buy one. Even a good one.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. Unless your blank pre froged and tempered blank is made out of HSS you will most likely ruin it when you slap it up against the grinder anyway.

Reply to
Bob La Londe