check this machine out

Fer making the World most expensive TP or an anally perfect squared board?

Either way, I can tell it costs a whole Sh*tload of $$$$. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Why would any one spend all of that money to make this sheets of wooded toilet paper? ;-)

It looks like it would be a nice machine to have IF you had the volume to support the expense.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

So you don't get splinters?

Reply to
krw

Takes precision thicknessing to a whole new level and eliminates sanding that surface.

Reply to
Leon

Now I know what pizza places use to slice pepperoni.

Reply to
dadiOH

LOL! I was thinking microtome from a biology lab!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

According to the manufacturer it's a "super surfacer".

Supposedly they're fairly common in Japan with jobsite models being available for reasonable prices. It's not a veneer machine--the outfit that made the one in the video also lists veneer machines on their web site.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Basically a very very expensive wide Japanese plane with power feed? I can see where it would be useful for the right sort of furniture or cabinet shop. I don't even want to think about trying to sharpen and then re-align the blade though -- I have enough trouble with my jointer/planer.

Reply to
John McGaw

It's a back up when your printer runs out of paper and you don't have another ream on hand. Make your own.

Reply to
Meanie

Supposedly there's a companion machine that sharpens the blade.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The way I do things there would really have to be!

Reply to
John McGaw

That is pretty much what it is except for the scale. You just don't have to freeze the specimen or embed it in paraffin before slicing.

Reply to
John McGaw

Monetizing opportunity, to paraphrase a millennial buzzword ... then again, many may fall for it.

Swingman

FWIW, there are normally 16 slices of pepperoni in an ounce. There's money in peddling pizza :)

Reply to
dadiOH

That's how they make diet bread, too.

Reply to