Check out my progress and a question

todd said: snip

FWIW, I agree with todd 5/4 would look better. 3/4" is so mundane. I try to avoid using it whenever I can.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

It is a good saw. I think I am ready for an upgrade though!

I think it is a little funny that we both moved the two side extension wings to the left side and put in a router table on the right! I thought I was being original with this saw when I did that! :)

Thanks for the feedback...

Reply to
stoutman

It is all in how you treat the edges. With the right profile router bit you can make the 3/4" appear thicker or thinner.

Reply to
Leon

Geez, did you stay gone long enough. LOL Did that kitchen get the best of you?

BTY I built a butcher block table that had legs that were longer than the door was wide. Tip the table 90 degrees and go out with the bottoms of the legs and clock around with the bottom of the opposite legs coming out last.

Reply to
Leon

Clock the table so that the top is vertical and then start with the bottoms of the legs going out first. You will figure the rest out at that point.

Reply to
Leon

How can you work in that shop?!?!?!?!?!

Comeon, there ain't a speck of sawdust anywhere.....I bet you just collect tools, right?

;)

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mapdude

For what its worth, I came to the same basic conclusion as Todd before reading down this far. IMO, the top will look weak at 0.75~0.8". And, going 6/4 would alleviate the issues related to strength.

Thas $0.04 now...:)

Reply to
Joe

How many books do you plan to pile on it? Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Agreed - to a point. With a slight taper it will appear somewhat thicker. However, 3/4" is still boring. Todd could still add a edge/skirt to the top to make it appear heavier.

Dave

Teamcasa