chat?

Hi Y'all, Do any of you rec'ers ever chat real time? If so, how, where, when etc? Later Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Wouldn't that require us to be more -- well -- social? Rather talk to the wood, and my table saw.

My table saw just hums nicely - no matter what I say.

Gotta go f> Hi Y'all,

Reply to
Will

IRC Network: AccessIRC Server: Lexington.KY.US.AccessIRC.Net Channel: #woodworking Client MIRC recommended but XChat and others will work too

The channel has been a little slow lately, but it comes and goes like that. Type !page in the channel and if I'm in the house I'll respond. Best times seem to be 8-10AM and 6-10PM, EST.

Reply to
LP

Is that dalnet ,Undernet ect ect ? Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

"Joe_Stein" wrote

Isn't this just what too many people try to use rec.ww for?

Jeff G

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

No its AccessIRC

No net >Is that dalnet ,Undernet ect ect ?

Reply to
LP

I've had some 'wreckers over my house.

I guess that would be called "real time" chat.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Thanks its been awhile since I have been on IRC so I wasn't familiar = with access. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Thu, Feb 17, 2005, 4:12pm snipped-for-privacy@SPAMsimpering.ca (Will) exclaims: Wouldn't that require us to be more -- well -- social? Rather talk to the wood, and my table saw.

Hmm, oviously low on dried frog pills if he's talking to wood and his table saw. Other than that, he's got the right idea tho.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Fri, Feb 18, 2005, 9:12am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@below.net (Jeff=A0Gorman) queries: Isn't this just what too many people try to use rec.ww for?

Obviously. Otherwise we'd have to actually, urgh, meet people.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Fri, Feb 18, 2005, 12:36pm (EST+5) keep_it_in_the_newsgroup snipped-for-privacy@thankyou.com (B=A0a=A0r=A0r=A0y) claims: I've had some 'wreckers over my house.

OK, let me guess. You left out a word. They were hot air balooning. You live near an airport. Which is it?