Charlie Self Moved Back Home - and I'm happy for him.

Been a lot of trollish shit associated with Charlie's name - I just wanted to start a thread that was positive.

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

These pissants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Amen. Hope they have a safe and joyful trip.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ditto!

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

AMEN!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

He is arde back postin.

Reply to
Leon

|Been a lot of trollish shit associated with Charlie's name - I just |wanted to start a thread that was positive. | | |I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural. | | |These pissants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him. | | | |I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Me too. Actually, tho he's already postin'.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Wes responds:

It is great to be back, even though the associated work is more than I wanted--and we paid guys to do the heavy lifting! Ya get old and fat you want someone else to sling the ice box around.

Actually, we didn't pay them all. Some teenagers from a local church helped a lot, as did family and friends. This end was a lot less costly, even though some local pick-up labor thought $14 an hour was a fair wage for unloading a truck (sure is far, for a good carpenter around here).

So the next couple of months will be spent straightening the shop, painting the walls (did the ceiling about 4 years ago), painting the floor (it's varicolored right now, between dark green (terrible for photography, but it sure lets you know where the excess sawdust is--plus every other speck), setting up machinery, building a wood rack, getting ready to add a foyer to the house, getting ready to add 4' to the bedrom end of the house, and onward. Biggest deal is clearing out a section of the old storage shed so I can move my loads of air dried oak and cherry indoors. I want to do that this weekend, but it depends on the local dump and how much they'll accept at one time. I think it's

1000 pounds before the bills start. With an S10 pick-up, that's 2 FULL loads.

And, did I mention, working full time? I plan to kick back to about 65 hours a week soon, though.

Thanks, guys.

Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker

Reply to
Charlie Self

....it'll keep you young.......

Cheers and good luck!

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

A Dubya notes:

It has to. I figure with what I need to do, added to what I want to do, I'm booked up here for all my spare time through my 87th birthday.

Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie Self apparently said,on my timestamp of 17/06/2004 11:22 PM:

Good to see you back, chief!

Reply to
Noons

Fuck off, dave.

Sincerely, John Sellers

Reply to
John Sellers

Second the motion!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

top of the mornin' to ya!

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

please do not feed the trolls.....

Reply to
bridger

Bin up north for awhile and also in NC ,so whats all this stuff about Charlie....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Mike Hide asks:

Not really much. Left WV and moved back to VA. Time to get back with family and friends, and regain my 1200 sf shop.

Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
Mike Hide

Well best of luck Charie I am sure it will be a loss for WV and an asset for all in Virginia. ...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

a) Congrats! Always good to be home. b) a Smidge confused (albeit normal) - did you move *back* to the same house/spot? The "painting the shop" comment made me think so...

Reply to
mttt