This Is A Boring Newsgroup

I went away for a month - just to see what that would be like.

And, when I returned - it's the freaking Stepford Newsgroup.

Peoples is sitting around singing Kum ba ya and holding hands and such.

HWMNBN has taken on a new, low-key persona - and is trying to play nice.

There seems to be no current troll infestaion - internal or external.

Peoples is actually talking about WoodDorking.

I have to tell you, I think it's disgusting.

Ah well - I believe it is a law of thermodynamics, replicated in group dynamics - that all systems tend towards disorder.

Seriously now, folks - I haven't seen the Wreck this quiet since I started lurking here in '94.

It's sorta scary.

It's sorta neat, too.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Actually, I had a boring day in the shop today. Drilled over 140 holes in a wooden post using my drill press.

Now wouldn't you call this a boring post?

Reply to
Phisherman

If you insist on playing "Holier than thou", you'll spoil all this great conviviality...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

[[.. munch ..]]

Boring? Nah. hasn't been a serious technique discussion for drill-presses, or mortisers for at least a couple of weeks. Everything -but- boring has been being discussed.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Cause and effect?

... just kidding. :)

Reply to
Swingman

ya know, i always wondered why our life could be boring without us being borish. we had to be boorish to make our lives boring.

a man who is a boor is not necessarily a man who bores but may well be a man who boors.

this is very confusing to me.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Oh no, Hell no! I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking that if I went away for another month - this might turn into a knitting newsgroup.

Shazzam!

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Psssssssstttttt...........Tom.......over there near that bulwark .......in the shadows.... see him lurking ......all squinty eyed like .....smirking and waiting .

(so how was the fishing)

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Damned fishing was awesomeful, Robert.

My idea of fishing differs from some.

I like to get out on the lake about an hour or so before false dawn.

Took the canoe the first day and just sat and watched the lake wake up.

It was damned satisfying.

Got a cove in the back part of the lake that has about four or five pairs of nesting blue herons.

They ain't a bit scared of a canoe that comes at them from upwind without a paddle.

Made my day.

(i did catch a few small bass when the mist blowed off - some of them young ones that'll take a plastic worm with no weight on it - if you flop it on the water just right)

Got a five pounder later in the week. Let her go - she hadn't let her eggs loose yet, and this is early July we're talking about - strange.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

More like a hitching post for lollipops?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Ya just had to go and jinx it didnja? Heck we almost have JOAT a paying gig too.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Surely you don't miss your buddy...

Reply to
Leon

No it doesn't, that's fishing ! We went on a little trip down the Kenai river (AK) one summer and paddled our way through many no-name lakes. The mist on the lakes in the early morning is just plain mystifying and watching the moose and other wildlife from only yards away is one helluva prelude to the breakfast trout snatching up a fly. Ya gotta try rainbow trout cooked on a beer soaked Sitka spruce plank (just to keep it on topic...).

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I've never been much of a traveler, Bob, but that sounds like fun.

I enjoy exploring the little bitty creeks around here, that rise from the mountains about twenty-five miles west.

(we call them mountains - folks from colorado would call them hills - still, they are the northern expression of the blue ridge chain and are thus at least related to mountains)

Best breakfast I've ever had, bar none, is a couple of shortish brookies, fresh caught - and stuck into a campfire with a skin of tinfoil containing nothing but butter, salt and pepper. Tastes like heaven itself.

OBWW - we did cook these on a wood fire.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Who would that be?

David

Reply to
David

He's still here, Bubba. You just ain't found him yet.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

This is all sounding mighty mysterious...

David

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
David

Witness the a priori and the ad posteriori.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Increasing entropy?

bob g.

Tom Wats> I went away for a month - just to see what that would be like.

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Early July? Where you been, son? And... where you been fishin'?

bob g.

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
Robert Galloway