chair leg pads for hardwood floors

Ok, I've tried felt pads (rub off) and teflon glides (scratch the floor). What's the best thing to use for heavy-use red oak chairs on a red oak hardwood floor?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

You might consider the type of felt pad that comes in a plastic housing with a nail that attaches it to the chair leg. Wouldn't know what you call them but the Blue Borg carries them. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Reply to
Dave W

Reply to
nospambob

We've used the sticky-back felt pads for years with no problems. We got them at our local Ace hardware and have placed them under chairs, tables and heavy cabinets.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

We too have used the sticky pads. I bought pads that were larger than the chair feet at Lowe's and trimmed them to pretty much cover the end of the leg. So far they have been on 2 to 3 years.

Reply to
RonB