Chainsaws

Interesting - in the UK you can't even buy a top-handle saw like that unless you show your certification in training to use it.

I'd suggest that 14" is probably better than 16", because it can be smaller, lighter and still get that firewood-slicing of 10" logs done perfectly well. You need to be able to control the thing too, not just throw brute power at the problem.

I'd (marginally) buy a Husky rather than a Stihl, but not much else in the way of brands.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Our local dealer sells both Husky and Stihl. The decider for me was his overall service with them. He said Stihl has less comebacks than Husky, but they both cut very well.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski