Cedar Chest

nice looking i always like projects that refurb something old and discarded

i got a chest but it did not need anything close to what you did here it was a carved chest that just needed some nails replaced and screws tightened and a cleaning with an old toothbrush

i think it is from the phillipines

the level of drinking now is not good i do worry about the excessive drinking of the young men/women

Reply to
Electric Comet

Yea, but there is little I can do. I don't want to alienate him.

Reply to
woodchucker

it is a fine balance i usually err on the side of giving the advice

i also think that i would not have minded if someone had shared some of their wisdom when i was younger but i think we are reluctant to do so nowadays because youth is held on a pedestal

Reply to
Electric Comet

Maybe for some. I have already tried to talk to him about it, but he has made up his own mind. There's no need to push, I can't change, what I can't change.

Reply to
woodchucker

Just make sure he realizes that things could reach a point where he barely has a choice. I saw someone go from $100,000+/yr job and lakefront vacation property, to no job, no spouse, no place to live except the parents (who don't want to see their kid on the street), multiple visits to the hospital lasting in excess of a month that they don't remember, exhausted family members, and an early grave. Everyone's body is different with regard to alcohol.

Reply to
Bill