Cartridge filters in UK

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get good filters for bill pentz's cyclone in the UK? The only filters I can find is the draper vacuum, and I am guessing these are too small.

PS. I am interested in the cartridge filters, not screen etc.

Reply to
brightstardown

Make them yourself. An internal cage of welding rod, then an "air sock" pulled over that. There are lots of materials that work as a filter, cheap polypropylene fleece is easy, a woolen felt gives the best filtering. When they get dirty, take them off and wash them.

You can make air socks up to 40' long (at least), but if they're that big, put a few zips in them otherwise you can't find a washing machine big enough.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Find a (I don't know the British for it--in the US it would be "garage" or "service station"--anyway the kind of place you take a broken motor vehicle to get it fixed) that specializes in large trucks and you should be able to get a couple or three rather large used truck air filters for free (they normally get tossed).

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not the best devices though. They're inappropriate for a dust collection device. They're intended to take "clean" air and make it "very clean" - they don't have the airflow for a dust collector and if you feed them dirty air they clog in no time at all.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

If he's using a Bill Pentz cyclone then the filter is going to be getting air that is pretty clean--the filter on a good cyclone is to catch the tiny amount of very fine stuff that the cyclone doesn't take out--one of the advantages of a cyclone is that you can use a much finer filter on it than you would if the filter was the primary dust removal device. As for airflow, if you stack enough of them they'll flow as much air as you want. Bill recommends this approach in fact.

Reply to
J. Clarke