Careful with that router...

I was routing out the shapes of the feet on my Shaker table in what I feel confident was a safe manner when I picked up the router to switch to the other side of the pattern without shutting it off. Went over before I went enough up, and nicked the pattern. That means a bunch more sanding. Needless to say, I am not happy.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

Phisherman

May I say, better that than your hand or other important body part? Some people pay a higher price to learn that lesson.

Glad to hear you're ok.

JOE

Reply to
JoeTaxpayer

I had a little mishap last weekend with the router as well- I was making a little display table, and when routing the 1/2" x 1/4" dado for the drawer guides, the bit managed to walk itself up in the collet, and came through the surface of the piece right where my hand had been just seconds before. Needless to say, I was more than happy to just make a new panel after I imagined how much more trouble it would have been to have the hospital try and put my mangled palm back together had I not moved it when I did.

The good side of it was that I showed my wife the destroyed panel, let her turn nice and pale, then went out yesterday and got myself a spankin' new Porter-Cable D-handle router to replace the little "Duracraft" thing she had given me as a gift. I had been trying to figure out how to replace that sucker for a while without hurting her feelings, and that was as good an excuse as any!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

SWMBO always _means_ well! ;)

My boss... err... wife, just gave up after a while. This past holiday, I got a subscription to Sky & Telescope. ;)

Reply to
Frank A

Reply to
Leonard Lopez

My solution was to point out the Lee Valley and Amazon.com "Wish List" features. :)