Can I put new hard wood floor over existing wood floor?

Hello,

I'm going to be installing new 3/4 brazilian cherry hardwood flooring in my 1928 home and I was wondering if it's ok to use the existing (original 1928) 3/4 hardwood flooring as a subfloor? If so Do I need felt paper over it?

The existing flooring is secure and has no sqeaks. BTW. I don't want to refinish the existing floor.

Thanks for any input.

Jason

If it's level and you don't parallel the seams, you should be fine. Felt paper wouldn't hurt.

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Mark

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Jason) wrote in :

I believe red rosin paper is what you want. Allows slipping between layers for expansion

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey