Strip hardwood over parquet?

I am going to be laying 4" Brazilian Cherry strip flooring in an area where

1/4" oak parquet is now. I was wondering if I need to take the parquet off before I start to lay the strip flooring or if nailing the boards through parquet is an OK thing to do? I had some water damage in a small area and a few parquet tiles lifted off. I was thinking of rougluing them and then putting strip flooring on top but I am wondering if I am going to be able to nail through the parquet and in to the subfloor. The Brazilian cherry strip that I am going to put down is very hard wood as is and having another layer of oak to drive nails through makes me a bit nervous.
Reply to
Leon Katsnelson

Joutoba is a great looking wood, love the way it looks and if its half as durable as they say, its a bargain.

-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com

Reply to
ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy