buying/choosing flooring on the net

I just bought a new house and I'm trying to decide on flooring. I have to install it over tiles which most likely contain asbestos, so I have to have flooring that floats.

One product I have found is Kahrs wood flooring. It fits all the requirements but it isn't cheap. Locally, I can find it for $4/Sq. ft. This isn't bad, but it is only available in 2 colors at that price, neither of which I like that much. I have seen better prices and selection on the net, but I am relecutant to purchase over the net. Kahrs recommends avoiding the net. I also wonder what shipping would cost.

I am flooring about 350 s/ft (2 small upstairs bedrooms and a short corridor). I am wondering if it is even worth it to install wood in such small spaces and if I would be better off with laminate instead.

Does anyone know a reliable internet source for Kahrs wood flooring? Any thoughts on the Kahrs vs laminate question.

Thanks kindly for the help,

James

Reply to
jamesander

Wood is better than laminate any time, IMO. I'm not familiar with the Kahrs at al. Look at a good engineered wood floor over using laminate. I used Mannington

but there are other brands just as good.

Before committing to a price by mail order, check the shipping cost as this is heavy stuff.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I just put about 500 Sq ft of Mohawk Malbury oak in my house Some was on concrete Glue down and about 200 on wood stapled down. I paid about $3.50 a Sq ft after all was said and done it would of been a little cheaper( and I do mean a little) online but buying it from a local shop I could return the un-opened cartons and had someone to ask questions. Also see if you get the warranty buying online. My advice would be find a small flooring shop you feel conferrable with. You might be able to use a glue down floor right over the tile, much better than the floating floor, but more work. My experience with Home Crapo and Lowe's each time you talk to deferent person you get a deferent answer .

Reply to
Sacramento Dave