bridgewood jointer

have an opportunity to pick one of these up, slightly used. 3 years old, the 8"model 220V.

Looked around on the 'net but didn't find a real good price point suggestion.

What would y'all venture it's worth?

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

SonomaProducts.com

Thanx, but actually I was already aware of the new price. Was hoping for some commentary on Bridgewood (what I've read is good) if anyone has personal experience, plus what would be a fair price for both sides for one that's in good shape and 3 years old.

It seems when I'm trying to sell something, it's worth no more than

50% of original cost. But, when I'm buying, it's always worth near full price. Guess I oughta stop selling junk and buying treasure. :-)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Can't comment on the price, but I've had mine for 5 years. It gets used a lot (I'm a furniture maker for a living) and has held up well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

david

Reply to
David Penner

Renata,

Hi. I bought an older used Bridgewood 8" jointer from a neighbor for $450, 3 yrs ago. I don't remember exactly, but think it is about 20 yrs old. It is in VG condition.

It has been a good machine. The beds are just about dead flat and co- planar. The fence has a slight twist in it, maybe >1/16 inch from end to end. If I am not concentrating on pushing the work piece up against the fence only near the blades, the only place where the fence is

90 deg to the bed the twist can effect the cut. I keep thinking that I am going to make a new fence plate that will slip over the existing castiron fence and correct for the twist. Maybe someday. In the meantime I use the machine all the time.

Larry

Reply to
crane763