bosch jigsaws

I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like the

1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does the new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks
Reply to
mark

You have a good saw. The newer saw simply adds conveniences that your model does not have. Specifically, the blade change mechanism. On the newer model you no longer have to go through a more complicated procedure to change blades. On the new one, blade removal takes about 1 second and putting in a blade takes about 5 or 6 seconds. With the older model you are looking at about 30 seconds for the whole procedudure. IIRC the newer model has a slightly better method of keeping the blade aligned when sawing, and a touch more power. You should be pleased with your new saw providing you use good quality blades. Look at continuing to use Bosch blades. Also don't look at the new one up close if you think you will tire of going through the blade change routine on your current saw.

Reply to
Leon

Relax and enjoy it.

Reply to
Swingman

Interesting, mine just died. Fully charged battery that works in other pieces work fine, but jig saw is dead. Any advice?

Up to this burp I have been very happy with my kit.

Thanx

mark wrote:

Reply to
LoboMike

Check the switch and then the brushes.

Reply to
Leon

Every year at Christmas, owners of the 1591 get a nice gift from Bosch. Last year is was a bottle of wine and a wheel of good cheese. Owners of the

1584 don't even get a card.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You DOG.